Equipment failure tracking software (downtime software) is essential for identifying problem areas with equipment, personnel, scheduling and even product. All of these factors may have an effect on equipment failures (downtime). After 18 years in business MaintSmart CMMS software is still the only CMMS software system that contains a dedicated equipment failure tracking (downtime) module. By tracking downtime as its own cost center the CMMS is able to use military standard reliability analysis to optimize you equipment availability. Additonally OEE (overall equipment effectiveness) is derived from the downtime data providing valuable KPIs such as availability, equipment performance and product quality. These three KPIs are rolled up to calculate OEE.
Why Equipment Failure Tracking Software?
MaintSmart is the only CMMS that has a built in downtime software module. All other CMMS use a work order to log downtime. The problem with this is that an equipment failure is not work. An equipment failure is an event . Equipment failure data yields powerful decision-making reports and charts with downtime SQL query, OEE and reliability analysis. Equipment breakdowns cost valuable production time and often result in lost product.
Downtime Software Data Points
Downtime software data points are all data associated with the equipment (location, department, line, etc.) as well as mechanic shift, operator shift, down time type. The downtime cause is user-defined and unlimited. Equipment failure tracking measurements are in minutes as follows:
- Time down.
- Time to repair.
- Impact (opportunity cost).
Downtime Software Reporting
The downtime software module provides extensive analysis and reporting. All down time data may be immediately exported to Excel for further analysis too. The downtime software functions include SQL grouped category analysis, crosstab analysis, top worst/best analysis, AMSAA reliability analysis (military standard) and OEE (overall equipment effectiveness). Additionally drag and drop query-builder build downtime data cubes with charts effortlessly.
Equipment Failure Tracking Software Analysis Module.
Using OEE (overall equipment effectiness).
Benefits of Downtime Tracking
- Knowing which equipment items are costing your company the most money, not just in repair labor and parts but also in lost manufacturing time and product.
- The reliability analysis module yield powerful MTBF (mean time between failure) and failure rate. Failure Rate: how often and what percentage is the chance of failure over a specified time period.
- Overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) is yet another powerful KPI found only in MaintSmart CMMS software. OEE: Performance * Availability * Quality.
- Do you want to find and correct problems (not just equipment problems) quickly and save time and money? No other CMMS software can do what MaintSmart does with resolving equipment failure issues.
How to export down time data to Excel and web page.
Learn how to use reliability analysis module.
Linking Parts to Downtime Records
Parts may be linked to downtime records. In the case he case where a work order is created and linked to the down time record it seems to make more sense to use the parts against the work order instead of the downtime record. Alternatively if the maintenance manager prefers to accrue the parts expense against down time for the purposes of easily tracking all equipment failure expenses it is fine to link the spares to the downtime record itself.
Contact Us! We want to hear from you.
- Installer password?
- Free help documents and videos?
- Free personalized online demonstration?
- Any questions?
- Pricing for software?
- Formal quote or proposal?
- Free consultation?
- All suggestions and comments are welcome!