CMMS maintenance software analysis and reporting provide added benefits to the maintenance manager besides the expected management and scheduling of work and preventive maintenance. Analysis of data entered into the CMMS is performed by drag and drop or by simple point and click. All fields in all screens are available to the query-builder analysis screen. The query-builder provides charts, subtotals on all value fields and has a very simple intuitive interface to work from.
No other CMMS software anywhere comes close to MaintSmart's analysis and reporting capability! Not convinced? Contact us for a personalized online demo and your own test drive of this amazing system.
CMMS Maintenance Software Analysis Benefits
The analysis capabilities of this software are numerous. Here are a few examples:
- Down time (equipment failure tracking) analysis guides the maintenance manager towards data-driven solutions saving lost time, lost product along with labor and spares savings.
- Work order analysis and preventative maintenance is used to summarize with statistical methods how resources are being allocated. Understanding this is critically important to the maintenance manager for scheduling and personnel assignments.
- Purchasing analysis offered detailed reports on purchases. These reports included open vs. closed purchase orders, back-orders, account budget status, cost center expenditures and much more. Inventory analysis reporting informs the maintenance manager about parts used, where used, by whom and for what purpose. Additionally inventory audit and over/under stock analysis comes in several variations.
CMMS Software Reporting Methods
CMMS software reporting is flexible. Every screen and every record of data in the entire CMMS maintenance software system may be reported on, summarized statistically and charted all by simple drag and drop. The equipment down time analysis module has four different ways to analyze down time. Top Worst/Top Best, Grouped Category Analysis, Crosstab Analysis and Cost of Down Time. Each of these analysis options consists of simple point and click selection.
All analysis screen provide an OLE Automation interface to Excel. No other CMMS software anywhere has this powerful feature. Multiple file formats are available for your CMMS analysis reports:
- Adobe Acrobat.
- Microsoft Excel.
- Microsoft Word.
- Rich Text.
- Text format.
- Crystal Reports.
- Web page (.html).
- All popular image formats.
In addition to these analysis and reporting methods there are also many filterable 'canned' reports for many useful purposes.
Advanced Analysis Tools
There are several advanced analysis tools available. The reliability analysis screen uses AMSAA reliability analysis (military standard) algorithm to obtain Failure Rate and Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF). Another analysis tool not found in any other CMMS is OEE (overall equipment effectiveness). OEE is particularly useful in a manufacturing environment. OEE give a well-rounded picture of the overall performance of the production process utilizing the following parameters:
Availability: The percentage of actual run time vs. scheduled run time.
Performance: is the percentage at which the equipment actually produces vs its design run speed.
Quality: measures the percentage of good product vs. all product.
OEE = Availability X Performance X Quality
MaintSmart also tracks down time using a total of three (3) time values. As expected Time Down and Time to Repair are a part of this. The third time value is Impact. Impact is used as an opportunity cost or a way of quantifying non-maintenance costs to your company. The cost of lost product, remakes and production overtime should be very important to track. Oddly this is the only CMMS maintenance software that tracks this important value.
Preventative Maintenance Completion Rate.
Learn How to Use the Query-Builder CMMS Analysis Tool.
Case Study in Down Time Analysis
A commercial baking operation in California has experienced uncharacteristic income losses on their bread lines over the past year. The bread production department assumes it is the bread wrapping departments problem and both departments say that maintenance is the source of their problems. There has been more equipment stoppages recently however up until 3 months ago prior to purchasing a good maintenance CMMS software the logging of down time was on paper making it difficult to analyze for the root cause(s).
A team is established to explore and hopefully solve this issue. The following data is immediately available for the past 3 months:
- On 1/1/15 a breakdown on the bread proofer caused by a jammed rack resulted in 30 minutes of lost time. Bread Proofer: a large box or room where bread is placed to rise. This is accomplished with exact humidity settings.
- Bread production labor losses in the wrapping department between 1/3/15 and 4/3/15 resulted in a total of 240 minutes of overtime (tracked as 'Impact' in CMMS).
- There have been a total of 30 additional minutes lost due to miscellaneous equipment failures (down time) during this 3 month period.
Analysis of this data in the MaintSmart down time analysis module reveal the following:
- The 30 minutes lost time 1. above also resulted in lost product that required the production department (12 employees) to work overtime 2 hours to replace this lost product. This resulted in a total cost to the bottom line for the company of $600 in labor and $1500 in lost product.
- An overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) analysis is performed in both production and wrapping departments. It is revealed that the overall OEE value = 78%.
- Examining the components of OEE the team finds that the Performance= 96%, Availability=94%, Quality = 87%.
- Exploring the Quality reveals that a disproportionate amount or bread is being discarded or damaged due to not fitting in the bags.
- This problem is due to over-sized bread loaves. back tracking it is discovered that a humidity sensor in the proofer was damaged when the failure occurred on 1/1/15.
- The estimate of losses for this reason (5.) is $3900.
- The sensor in the proofer is repaired and a daily checklist to test the sensor is printed automatically every maintenance shift change.
Learn how to use data analysis software tools.
Learn more about basic CMMS data analysis and reporting.
Overall Cost of Equipment
The CMMS has an overall cost of equipment reporting module. These reports display all down time components (time down, time to repair, impact), all down time parts, preventive maintenance parts and labor, work order parts and labor. The top 5 worst equipment items are charted and many filters are available to get just the data you need to optimize your maintenance operation.
Contact Us! We want to hear from you.
- Installer password?
- Free help documents and videos?
- Free personalized online demonstration?
- Any questions?
- Pricing for software?
- Formal quote or proposal?
- Free consultation?
- All suggestions and comments are welcome!